This small van is the oldest freight vehicle on the Railway, being built by the Midland Railway before 1886. It is of wooden construction and bears the carpenters marks of the original builders. It came from HM Dockyard Chatham in April 1983 where it carried Navy Yard Nº. 564. Fully restored by its owner, it is now displayed on an isolated section of track at Tenterden Station. Its original number and build date have not been established.