This van was built in 1940 at Lancing Works by the Southern Railway for the London Midland & Scottish Railway as part of Lot 1282. Latterly it was used at Thornton Heath as a stores van (082 986) where it was condemned in December 1979. It arrived at the K&ESR in May 1980. It was restored in late 1981 when it was fitted with a vacuum cylinder, main train pipe and a complete set of brake gear. Painted in LMS bauxite red, for a short period in 1985 in a special colour scheme for use with a ‘Kit Kat' bar advertising contract, but reverted afterwards.