The Kent & East Sussex Railway is one of the South East’s top tourist attractions and one of England’s leading heritage railways.
We now have a vacancy for a Locomotive Delivery Manager.
This is a key Safety Critical position, reporting to the K&ESR General Manager. Based at Rolvenden Locomotive Works, this permanent, full time position attracts a salary commensurate with experience
• Health & Safety compliance;
• Departmental compliance with the K&ESR Safety Management System;
• Deliver high standards of performance by leading and motivating staff and volunteers to establish Rolvenden Works as a centre of excellence;
• Develop and maintain the works plan for locomotive overhaul and repairs, including outside contract work to ensure delivery of heritage rolling stock in accordance with the agreed needs of the business;
• Identify staff training and development needs to build staff competencies, skills and knowledge;
• Liaison with K&ESR authorised stakeholder groups;
• Budget planning and management.
Requirements of the Role
Applicants would ideally have served as a qualified engineer or held a management role within an engineering environment, and have knowledge and or experience in the following areas:
• Heavy engineering;
• Railway operations and safety legislation;
• Pressure vessels and safety critical equipment;
• Safety management;
• Critical path analysis;
• Building and motivating teams
• Good leadership and communication skills
The Kent & East Sussex Railway Co. Ltd. is the registered charity (No 262481) which owns and operates the Kent & East Sussex Railway
Tenterden Town Station, Station Road, Tenterden, Kent TN30 6HE
www.kesr.org.uk Telephone: 01580 765155